The Nebraska Society of Anesthesiologists hosts annual fall meetings for its members. Traditionally, we invite a speaker to attend and share valuable information about the state of our society.
NSA members met for a social event on Friday, November 12th at Kros Strain. The following morning on Saturday, November 13th, we held our annual meeting with lectures, ASA updates, and an NSA Business meeting.
If you missed any of the lectures, you’ll be able to find recordings below and complete the evaluation for up to 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits!
Jorge Gálvez, MD, MBI – Machine Learning and Closed Loop Systems for Anesthesia Care in 2021- are we there yet?
- Develop a working understanding of machine learning and closed loop systems in the context of anesthesiology and perioperative medicine
- Review latest evidence of closed loop systems for perioperative care
- Discuss the current regulatory framework for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Software as a Medical Device by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Introducing Nitrous Oxide for Labor Analgesia
Educational Objectives :
- Describe the history and current use of nitrous oxide for labor analgesia
- Characterize the efficacy and safety of nitrous oxide for labor analgesia
- Outline the steps for launching a nitrous oxide for labor program
Fascial Plane Blocks- Where have all the epidurals gone?
- Review relevant anatomy of Fascial Plane Blocks
- Discuss different types of abdominal and fascial plane blocks
- Explain techniques for performing FPB
- Compare advantages/disadvantages of FPB over alternatives
ASA Legislative and PAC Updates
NSA Annual Business Meeting
Back to the Main Events Page
We're working hard to serve all our valued members across the state of Nebraska. In an effort to keep you informed, we invite you to connect with us on social media. Ask questions, stay up to date, and build your network by joining our new private Facebook group.